Wednesday, September 17, 2008

YOU'RE STILL YOU



The same hair curling on your head

At 49, you look younger,

There are no wrinkles on your forehead

The cheeks still smooth and tight

Your eyes still glow

Like fireflies reflected in the mirror

The moon against the sky

The way you talk defies the years of your absence

The way you look at me

Your way your gaze flies like a butterfly

Hovering back to me like tender hands

Of a woman

Caressing my face

Like golden yellow wing

Fluttering on the petals of a flower

Indeed, you are still you

Loving me

In gentle restraint and

I am deeply saddened

By my own kind of same

Usual indifference

Of the clouds drifting

Without even the thought

Of stopping by the

Peaks of trees

As you open yourself to the sun like

A tight bud opening its petals

Finally exposing its true gentle colors

A flower blooming

To the kindness of sunshine

And the freshness of the air

That this world can offer

I spread my wings like a yellow butterfly

Fluttering away to another garden

No comments:

Post a Comment