Monday, December 28, 2009

reading you

let me read you that was the beginning
of this all
i was pleading then like a suitor of wisdom
to a goddess
who is blind, and deaf and mute
and so cruel
to reject my prayers

i was stranded in an island and i was very lonely
but no one knew
not one of them has gone there
only the waves from far that touched the sands
and then leave without taking any news from me

i was murmuring
there were times that i was hysterical
but no one hears for there was no one there
not even a crab
or a rat

let me read you once again
let me hear you like a page of a book
like a song of a leaf

you look at me with disdain as though asking
who are you? you have no name to woe me into submission

i resigned and dumbfounded
i begin being myself believing that i too have something to say
though different from yours

heartfelt and deeply wounded
i begin to hear my words
soothing like a balm of my clean conscience
freeing like my hands opening and letting go
from the past with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment