Thursday, March 18, 2010

i have worms inside my mouth

at first i wanted to spit them all
wanting to relieve myself
with all the hassle
in keeping worms
that my friends detest

they tell me
that i must spit them all
for reasons of
sanitation

or perhaps
for my own sanity

i think about it
and the possibilities
of finally throwing up

after all i get
nauseous

this feeling of trying to hide
some things
inside the mouth

( do you know
about it?)

i could not do the throwing up
and so
the worms are still there
it is something
about giving them
temporary shelter
a home

i did not listen to myself
i did not listen to their advices

i decided to keep the worms for good
swallowing each worm
sliding in my esophagus
and finally settling inside the
rooms of my heart

i dream about each worm
wriggling inside my brain
but i keep them still
despite the mixed feelings of
pleasure and pain

one day
the worms become butterflies
and i feel ready for
this beautiful eventuality

i look up
to the heavens
on a very bright day

i spit them
all free

to the skies to the clouds
and to the trees
where they all
rightfully belong

No comments:

Post a Comment