Saturday, March 15, 2014

the rebels
come one time and i am supposed to be part
of the
inner circle

one says it is his birthday
and he is going to celebrate it
since there was that unforgettable day in his life when
he almost died
saved by a friend who did not leave him
in the middle of
death's coming

they exchange old times
lots of fun their faces show
i am not part of that struggle anymore
i am just someone fading
they cannot remember anymore
who am i?
who was that guy again? the man with a long goatee asked

i have no name
i am not part of any gunfire
it does not mean that i am sad and that i regret what i did
that hiding and
indifference
i was selfish. I relied on the stars.
There was no one on my side.
I grabbed a future and then i stood alone
behind my the sun
and then i recited my lines,

i am myself and completely own this.
i still have the future inside my hand.
No one.No one, not even those who say that the circle is theirs alone
can take it away from me.

when i die, i do not worry who will bury me
who will throw stones or flowers
who will cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment